While you browse the website our operating system will automatically record the following information:
- The name of the domain from which you accessed our website. For example, if you are connecting from an America Online account, the fact that someone who visited this website uses AOL as an Internet service provider will be known, but the individual e-mail address of the user will not be known.
- The date and time any page on our site was accessed.
- The address (also called the URL) of the website from which any page on this site was linked. For example, if you clicked on a hyperlink on the website for the National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers to reach our website, that fact is recorded. However, as discussed above, your identity remains unknown.
- The type of browser being used, such as "Netscape Version X.X" or "Internet Explorer Version X.X".
- The type of operating system you use such as Macintosh, Unix, or Windows.
This tracking system does NOT record information about individuals. This information is used to monitor traffic and improve this site.
A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to your computer's hard disk, usually to keep track of you while you are connected to that site.
If you send us e-mail, the message will usually contain your return address. If you include personal information in your e-mail, we may use that information in responding to your request. E-mail is not necessarily secure or confidential. Send only the information that is necessary for us to answer your question or process your request.
If You Send Us Personal Information
Our website is set up not to collect any personal information about you when you visit the site unless you choose to provide that information to us. Our website has an online web form that you can use to contact us by sending an electronic mail message expressing your views or concerns. To send an e-mail, the online web form provides an option for you to leave your name and e-mail address.
Links to Other Sites
Our site provides links to other websites. The privacy policies described here do NOT apply to any external sites. Read the privacy policies of other sites you visit. Be informed. You are the person best qualified to protect your own privacy. Also, the appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the Missouri State Auditor's Office.
The Missouri Sunshine Law (RSMo 610) requires the State Auditor's Office to preserve records created or received which are pursuant to this statute. Pursuant to this statute, emails or messages sent to the State Auditor's Office, and comments posted or messages received via an official State Auditor's Office page on a third-party website (such as an official State Auditor's Office profile on a social network) may be subject to retention under the Missouri Sunshine Law. For example, on the social media service Twitter, the State Auditor's Office may preserve posts (i.e. “tweets”) from official State Auditor's Office accounts, “direct messages” sent to official State Auditor's Office accounts, and “replies,” which are tweets from other users to official State Auditor's Office accounts (these tweets begin with @ and the username of an official State Auditor's Office account). We do not collect or archive personal or private information that is not voluntarily disclosed to the State Auditor's Office.
The State Auditor's Office enforces the following guidelines for all comments, posts or messages on this website and official State Auditor's Office profiles on social networking websites:
- We do not allow graphic, obscene, explicit or racial comments or submissions nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization.
- We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency. Similarly, we do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
Comments, messages or posts that do not comply may be removed. You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
Changes to this policy: We will revise or update this policy if our practices change, or as we develop better ways to keep you informed about them. You should refer back to this page often for the latest information and the effective date of any changes. If we decide to change this policy, we will post a new policy on our site and change the date at the bottom.
For More Information